A Christmas Story - Tour - Matt Watson
Filed in: Tour
Matt Watson's setup for the tour of A Christmas Story.
This was a nine week, eight city tour starting in Springfield, Missouri and ending in Denver, Colorado. Other stops included Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Tempe, Spokane, and San Francisco. The tour traveled with a twelve person orchestra which is reduced from the original Broadway Production; however, we still carried a drummer and percussionist.
My setup is fairly similar to Larry Lelli’s original setup for the Broadway production. Larry has a great detailed gear write up about this show on his personal site that is worth checking out. Click here to see it.
Shout out to Larry Lelli and Paul Hansen (Original Broadway drummer and percussionist) for their willingness to help answer any questions I had about the show. This show has been an absolute blast to play every night this holiday season. Ben Rigney was the percussionist for this production.
- Pearl Reference Kit (20” Bass Drum, 12” Rack Tom, 14” Floor Tom, 14” X 6.5” Snare)
- Sonor 14” X 5” Phil Rudd Side Snare
- Pearl Hardware
- Pearl Eliminator BD Pedal
- Pearl Eliminator Hi Hat Pedal
- Roc-n-Soc Throne
- Meinl 22” Byzance Medium Jazz Ride
- Meinl 14” Byzance Sand Hats
- Zildjian 17” K Custom Dark Crash
- Zildjian 16” K Dark Crash
- Zildjian 10” K Splash
- Sabian 12” Legacy Splash
- Sabian 8” AAX Splash
- LP Red Jam Block
- LP Blue Jam Block
- LP Black Beauty Senior Cowbell
- LP Cyclops Tambourine
- Alan Abel 6” Triangle with Miller Machine
- Vic Firth Tommy Igoe Signature Sticks
- Vic Firth SD6 Swizzle B Multi Sticks
- Regal Tip Classic Brushes
- Mallet Tech DS11 Mallets